Friday, December 17, 2010

story time...new room..new life?



Hello dear readers of my blog... I know it shall be thousands of you soon :). Here is a little tidbit about me. I am 100% Irish...this means I love storytelling..for real..one of my fav things to do..(something else you may have picked up is that I dont care about punctuation or proper grammer..but I am an excellent speller ) So here is a fun one. Last July my family moved from this house in one Illinois suburb..


To this one in another Illinois suburb 30 mins away..( Oh I forgot to tell you I live with my parents.. oh silly me..maybe thats bc I am 28 and slight embarrassed to still be roomies with mom and pops :) ) Anyway back to my story..

Over the summer we had a party at the new house, and my little girl cousies were running around upstairs and became enthralled with the "circle room' aka my palace and were asking me all kinds of questions ranging from "what are those weird statues? (my DIY buddha project)  to can I have a piece of that gum?


 When suddenly they came upon my jewelry "stand" (below)..what I thought would be a treasure trove for a little girl wanting to play dress up and my ticket to being the "cool older cousin"...but little CC (age 6) had other ideas..she zeroed in on something I had absentmindedly pinned to the bottom of the mannequin...

my old name tag from my two week stint at BK

She had two final questions for me.. You worked at Burger King? Yes.and..Weren't you embarrassed? What? haha!! She's six (then i had a flashback of picking up cigarette butts in the drive thru) and I answered her question .."Yes."
What I didnt say was the part I was really embarrassed about ..I was on clean up crew bc I couldnt figure out how to work the register! oopsie. Anyway, having retired my BK nametag long ago...I am still trying to figure out my calling at the moment...hope I find it soon 

No comments:

Post a Comment